Frequently Asked Questions
First, you are notified immediately. Secondly, information on both parties involved would be exchanged, a police report will be attained, and the cost of the repairs would be covered under the owner’s insurance deductible, as per the agreement with the rental truck company. To date, Moving Truck Driver has never had an accident, and we are very proud of it.
Moving Truck Driver is a personalized, concierge service. We pick up and deliver your moving truck and/or vehicle based on your schedule, not a trucking companies schedule or train route. Most moves are completed within 48 hours.
Absolutely Not. Moving Truck Driver does not allow it.
If you are new to Moving Truck Driver you may not be aware that your vehicle's insurance has the coverage required for another driver to drive your vehicle, with your permission. For moving trucks, our driver would be added to the contract with the truck's supplier. This is often the case with U-Haul, Penske, Budget and Ryder trucks.
Of course! Up to 26 feet in length, with an optional tow package for the vehicle as well. We also drive Ryder and Budget trucks, in addition to Penske and U-Haul.
For additional information regarding tow dollys, please see our preferred company websites at the links below.
For long-distance moving, it really comes down to convenience and cost. You should look for a location that is close to your pickup and delivery location. From a driving perspective, one is not easier than the other.
For a listing of some of our preferred company locations, please see the links below as a guide.
Moving Truck Driver utilizes FuelEconomy.gov for everyday vehicles. Approximately 8 MPG for smaller U-Hauls, 5 mpg for 26 foot trucks towing a vehicle.
1. Gas stations can become few and far between in many areas of the country. Fueling up at a quarter tank is recommended.
2. Lubricant for eyes: Many drugstores sell a lubricating eye drop that is excellent in keeping eyes feeling fresh. Driving long distance is exhausting on the eyes, therefore we recommend putting a few drops of this product into your eyes every time you fill your gas tank.
3. Wash the windshield: Certain areas of the country can be extraordinarily buggy. Especially at night. We recommend cleaning your windshield every time you fill your gas tank.
4. Weather: Often, when driving long distances, there are multiple routes you can take to get from point A. to point B. When choosing which route to take, consider weather as one of your top priorities.
5. City driving. When driving long distances, avoid downtown city routes. We recommend you use the highway loops that are available in most cities.
For additional driving advice, AAA is a terrific resource.
Of course; Moving Truck Driver can help with all your moving needs.
Our quoting system takes many variables into consideration. The size of the truck, if a vehicle is being towed, and miles driven are just some of the considerations. For the most accurate quote, based on your needs, we recommend using our free online quoting tool.