Frequently Asked Questions - Moving Truck Driver
First, you are notified immediately. Secondly, information on both parties involved would be exchanged, a police report will be attained, and the cost of the repairs would be covered under the owner’s insurance deductible. If the accident is caused by our driver leading to an insurance claim, Moving Truck Driver would gladly reimburse the owner up to $500 towards the policies deductable. To date, Moving Truck Driver has never had an accident, and we are very proud of it.
Moving Truck Driver is a personalized, concierge service. We pick up and deliver your vehicle based exactly upon your schedule, not a trucking company or train route. Car-haulers post your trip requirements to a central posting board which is used to consolidate loads. This means that if you have hired XYZ Transport to move your vehicle, ABC Transport may actually perform the work based upon a bid. Is this bad? Not necessarily but you lose the choice of carrier upon signing with XYZ. There is also a higher probability of damage when your vehicle is transported via open haulers or train, but most will cover repairs.
Absolutely Not. Moving Truck Driver does not allow it.
Because of demand, there are times when we cannot service all customers who request it. During those times, we will forward your request to a service provider who can provide a similar service for you. At that point, you would simply just work directly with that particular service provider.
If you are new to Moving Truck Driver you may not be aware that your vehicles insurance has the coverage required for another driver to drive your car with your permission. The third-party liability part of your policy and is required by law. In the unlikely event of an insurance claim caused by your driver, Moving Truck Driver would cover the deductible.
Yes, up to 26 feet in length, with optional tow package for vehicle. We recommend Penske with diesel fuel.
Moving Truck Driver utilizes FuelEconomy.gov for everyday vehicles. Approximately 8 MPG for smaller U-Hauls, 5 mpg for 26 foot trucks towing a vehicle.
1. Gas stations can become few and far between in many areas of the country. Fueling up at a quarter tank is recommended.
2. Lubricant for eyes: Many drugstores sell a lubricating eye drop that is excellent in keeping eyes feeling fresh. Driving long distance is exhausting on the eyes - we recommend putting a few drops of this product into your eyes every time you fill your gas tank.
3. Wash the windshield: Certain areas of the country can be extraordinarily buggy. Especially at night. We recommend cleaning your windshield every time you fill your gas tank.
4. Weather: Often, when driving long distance, there are multiple routes you can take to get from point A. to point B. When choosing which route to take, consider weather as one of your top decision influences.
5. Don't swerve suddenly for small animals! This may sound harsh, but when driving long distances, your reactions can become impaired, along with others drivers on the often-traveled interstate highways. For safety purposes, you are safest to not swerve if not absolutely necessary.
6. City driving. When driving long distances, avoid downtown city routes. We recommend you use the highway loops that are available in most cities.
For long distance moving, it really comes down to convenience and cost. You should look for a location that is close to your pickup and delivery location. From a driving perspective, one is not easier than the other. Ryder and Budget moving trucks are additional providers.
When looking into a moving truck provider, the total expense and your willingness to pay that expense are often the biggest factors contributing to a decision. As a company of drivers, it does not matter which provider you select. However, you must consider which providers service your area when deciding on a company to use. Aside from Budget and U-Haul, you can also look into Ryder truck rental as well as Penske truck rental.
Of course; Moving Truck Driver helps with all necessary moving needs a customer might have.
There are times when we cannot service all potential clients who request it. During these times, we will typically forward your request to a similar provider who can offer a quality service for you. One such provider is Cross Country Driver. Cross Country Driver drives moving trucks, as well as personal vehicles nationwide. For more information, please review their website at www.CrossCountryDriver.com
Yes, Moving Truck Driver can deliver a U-Haul rental and almost any other type of vehicles.